A soup with vegetables, tofu, and rice sticks.
A hearty soup that's a meal in itself.
|2 tbsp||soy sauce||30 mL|
|1 tsp||sesame seed oil||5 mL|
|200 g||firm regular tofu, cut nto 2 cm cubes||1 cup|
|80 g||rice sticks (noodles)|
|1||carrots, grated||100 g|
|2||green onions/scallions, thinly sliced|
|9 tbsp||Savoy cabbage, thinly sliced||40 g|
|2||button (white) mushrooms, thinly sliced||28 g|
|3 cups||vegetable broth||750 mL|
|1 1/4 tsp||gingerroot, grated||5 g|
|1 clove||garlic, minced|
|1/2||dried chili peppers, minced||0.2 g|
|2 tsp||canola oil||10 mL|
|2 tbsp||lime juice, freshly squeezed [optional]||1 lime|
|2 tsp||fresh cilantro [optional]||1 g|
Before you start
Individual 500 ml (2 cups) bowls are needed.
- In a shallow dish, mix the soy sauce and sesame seed oil. Cut the tofu into 2 cm cubes and add them to the marinade. Mix well then let stand at room temperature while preparing the rest of the soup.
- Cook the rice sticks and set aside.
- Prepare the vegetables. Grate the carrots, thinly slice the green onions, cabbage, and mushrooms. Portion out the vegetables into the individual bowls.
- Heat the broth in a saucepan. Add the ginger, garlic and the chili pepper. Cook 2 min.
- Heat the canola oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the tofu cubes and sauté 3-4 min, with occasional stirring, until they are golden-brown.
- Pour the hot broth into the bowls. Add the tofu, rice sticks, and lime juice. Garnish the bowls with whole cilantro leaves, then serve.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (540g)
% Daily Value
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Diet-related health claims :
- Excellent source of :
- Magnesium, Manganese, Niacin, Potassium, Selenium, Vitamin A, Vitamin K
- Good source of :
- Calcium, Copper, Folacin, Iron, Phosphorus, Vitamin B12, Zinc
- Source of :
- Fibre, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin E
- Low :
- Saturated Fat
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Cholesterol, Trans Fat
|Meat and Alternatives||2|